The food importing and wholesale distribution industry has tight regulations and more complex issues regarding weight tracking at the unit level. Specifically, some food imports have the issue of random or catch weights where each unit is coming in at a different weight. We work with meat and cheese importers to ensure that the weight of every heel or carcass is tracked from the overseas supplier, to the container, the the warehouse, and all the way to the customer.
Other specific needs include lot tracking and expiration date tracking. VISCO endures that you are allocating specific lots to customers and can even make sure that those lots meet the customer specification requirements. VISCO is designed to address this industry by providing the following features.
- FIFO orientated
- Random weights or catch weights
- Preliminary or pro-forma invoices
- Complex product grouping and identification process
- FDA, EPA regulations
- Unit level tracking and lot tracking
- Tight shipment tracking to prevent goods from perishing
- Split case sales
- Items sold by pc, lb, kg, ea, case etc.