721 Broadway, Suite 270
Kingston, NY 12401
SQL/.Net Software Developer
Our flagship product is a web application (called the Venture Information System [VIS]) designed specifically for importers that integrates with the customer’s accounting software. It is written using Microsoft’s .NET architecture with SQL Server backend and also takes advantage of Microsoft Office VBA and various other Microsoft tools and coding languages. Once this product is sold, it is customized and fitted for each customer, typically through a series of custom SQL tables and procedures and document/report modifications done in Excel VBA.
The position of SQL/.Net Software Developer is vital to the success of each installation of the software. The candidate must be willing to work closely in a team environment and capable of close interaction with upper management to guarantee specific customer needs are met in the design of automation, documents, reports and technical enhancements of the product.
- Employee will be responsible for designing and implementing automation tools, reports and dynamically generated documents via TSQL, XML and VBA for our flagship software product.
- Employee will work closely with the Customer Support Team ensuring that all design work meets customer requirements by implementation deadline.
- Employee must be able to work independently to analyze, test and troubleshoot their own code and offer solutions to customer problems using our Microsoft-centric language options of SQL, XML, VBA, ASP.Net, VB.Net and JS.
- Employee must be able to communicate easily with upper management on project planning, contribute design ideas and facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Employee will share the responsibility for customer installations, technical enhancements and modifications of VISCO.
Four year college degree with Computer Information Science or other related technical discipline.
Understanding of relational databases, specifically SQL Server 2005/2008, including the ability to set up, modify and maintain databases and create queries as needed.
Understanding of basic networking, server setup and maintenance.
Ability to modify and produce MS Office documents generated through VBA and XML.
Strong desire to learn new skills and keep current with changing technology enthusiastically.
Ability to work in a cooperative team environment and strong communication skills.